testing web API endpoint locally?

Programming Experience
Beginner
I am Developing a web API in .net MVC how to access that API endpoint in my devices which are connected to my local network for testing on my phone? keyoti not working properly

Perhaps I am missing something. Setup the server on the local network. Point the phones to the local server. Why did you need Keyoti?

Perhaps I am missing something. Setup the server on the local network. Point the phones to the local server. Why did you need Keyoti?
how can i set up local server from visual studio 2019 as I need to check it from there I don't want to publish the project to the file ad paste that o the local iis

You can publish straight to IIS, you know. You don't have to publish to folder and then copy to IIS. And why would you not want to test against IIS if that will be the platform that eventually hosts your Web API?

When you install Visual Studio, you also automatically get IISExpress. This let's you do some basic testing, but be aware you are going to be bypassing a lot of security and permissions issue that you will sudden discover when you deploy to IIS.

So if you are really trying to avoid that extra deployment step while testing, go ahead and just run your code on your dev box and have the phones point to your dev box, but be aware that you'll still need to do more testing later.

Back
Top Bottom