Question Trying to make a external program go into full screen mode

Badger101

Programming Experience
Beginner
I am making a program that opens a .exe program in full screen mode with no windows task bar so it takes up the whole screen how would I go about to start

The first question is: Does that other program actually support going full screen? You can't magically imbue another program with full screen capabilities of it can't do it on its own.

The first question is: Does that other program actually support going full screen? You can't magically imbue another program with full screen capabilities of it can't do it on its own.
Yes the program I'm accessing does have a full screen mode

Then you have some avenues to explore:

Does the program take command line arguments, and it's one of the arguments, an option to launch in fullscreen mode? If so, then there's your solution.

Does the the program treat the maximized window state as fullscreen? If so, then ShellExec the program passing in the flags that the program should run maximized?

Does the program have a hotkey to make it go into fullscreen mode? Is so, then launch the program and then use SendKeys to send the fullscreen hotkey.

Then you have some avenues to explore:

Does the program take command line arguments, and it's one of the arguments, an option to launch in fullscreen mode? If so, then there's your solution.

Does the the program treat the maximized window state as fullscreen? If so, then ShellExec the program passing in the flags that the program should run maximized?

Does the program have a hotkey to make it go into fullscreen mode? Is so, then launch the program and then use SendKeys to send the fullscreen hotkey.
I didn't think about that ,the program does have hot keys to go into full screen,and it doesn't treat the maximized as fullscreen,also doesn't accept command line, but the hot keys option might work it says tab + m for fullscreen I've never used sendkeys before

This is what I got so far for the code but it's still not working to make it fullscreen it runs it just fine but not in fullscreen mode

Attachments

• code.txt
    118 bytes · Views: 47
Back
Top Bottom