Resolved using Project.FolderName is not working.

Govind Sankar

Programming Experience
Beginner
I have this visual studio c# wpf program that I created a year back using online tutorials and stuff and I need to add more stuff to the project. But lot of stuff I dont remember so I am trying to just copy paste and edit it. But here comes the first problem. So in the solution explorer under the project i have created folders already two of them 32DI and 16DI8R and under them I created further folders like DIWB_32DI etc and under these folders I created the xaml file. Then I see in the beginning of the program I have written the code as using these folders, for eg:
using Pruefdatenbank_IOeco.Tests._32DI.DIWB_32DI;
using Pruefdatenbank_IOeco.Tests._16DI8R.DIWB_16DI8R;
And these all work perfectly fine.

But today I try to recreate these steps by creating a new folder 16DI4AI4AO and under that another folder DIWB_16DI4AI4AO. And for now the subfolder is empty since I havent created the .xaml file yet. But I dediced to use this folder in the program by typing the code like before
using Pruefdatenbank_IOeco.Tests._16DI4AI4AO.DIWB_16DI4AI4AO;
But this is showing an error and there is a red line under _16DI4AI4AO and the error is the type or namespace _16DI4AI4AO doesnot exist in the namespace Pruefdatenbank_IOeco.Tests. This means my understanding of the method is wrong or I missed something. Can you please help me to the correct path. I tried googling this but cant find anything. Kindly help me. Thank you.

I have this visual studio c# wpf program that I created a year back using online tutorials and stuff and I need to add more stuff to the project. But lot of stuff I dont remember so I am trying to just copy paste and edit it. But here comes the first problem. So in the solution explorer under the project i have created folders already two of them 32DI and 16DI8R and under them I created further folders like DIWB_32DI etc and under these folders I created the xaml file. Then I see in the beginning of the program I have written the code as using these folders, for eg:
using Pruefdatenbank_IOeco.Tests._32DI.DIWB_32DI;
using Pruefdatenbank_IOeco.Tests._16DI8R.DIWB_16DI8R;
And these all work perfectly fine.

But today I try to recreate these steps by creating a new folder 16DI4AI4AO and under that another folder DIWB_16DI4AI4AO. And for now the subfolder is empty since I havent created the .xaml file yet. But I dediced to use this folder in the program by typing the code like before
using Pruefdatenbank_IOeco.Tests._16DI4AI4AO.DIWB_16DI4AI4AO;
But this is showing an error and there is a red line under _16DI4AI4AO and the error is the type or namespace _16DI4AI4AO doesnot exist in the namespace Pruefdatenbank_IOeco.Tests. This means my understanding of the method is wrong or I missed something. Can you please help me to the correct path. I tried googling this but cant find anything. Kindly help me. Thank you.
Its ok, I solved it. I guess the folder cannot be empty. When I added a .xaml file inside the folder then the error is gone. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom