Question Variables

Random_123

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hi there. I'm a beginner in C# language.

Currently trying to learn the language from tutorials based upon console application

My question is what role does a variable serve in the grand scheme of things? For example I make a web application of some sort what purpose will a variable have?

Is it a really important and will it likely be used in every c# application I make

A lot of programmatic terminology is based on mathematics. "Variable" is one such term. What are variables used for in maths? That's what they're used for in programming.

A lot of programmatic terminology is based on mathematics. "Variable" is one such term. What are variables used for in maths? That's what they're used for in programming.

My maths isn't good can you please elaborate. Is the attached image a good contrast for variables, coefficient, operator and constants. Are they all used in the same way in c#

Screenshot_2019-08-15-15-48-03-1.png

That's a very vague question given you can have multiple types of variable. Maybe this will be a much more explanatory : C# - Variables

If you're starting out, I suggest you read MDSN documentation to learn from their docs, as have most of us : C# Tutorials

That's a very vague question given you can have multiple types of variable. Maybe this will be a much more explanatory : C# - Variables

If you're starting out, I suggest you read MDSN documentation to learn from their docs, as have most of us : C# Tutorials
Thank you I will do. When will a variable be used in a real world project? Thank you

This is just a weird question because pretty much any beginner tutorial will explain variables. It's such an elementary concept that if you have done the reading and still don;t understand then it's hard to see how you could understand the more complex concepts involved in programming. As well as what Sheepings has provided, there's a link to a C# tutorial in my signature below and the second section is dedicated to variables, so I would suggest working your way through that. If you can read that and still not understand variables then there's a bigger problem at play.

Back
Top Bottom