Visual Studio 2022

Neal

Forum Admin
Staff member
Programming Experience
10+
I downloaded VS 2022 Professional yesterday and wondering why it says "Visual Studio 2022 Current" - what's with the Current in the name?

Good find. Just weird they put that in the title of the app.

Agree with that (should have been in paranthesis?), but since they support multiple channels side-by-side the idea is probably to easily see which version you're currently working in.

Or don't title current/stable but title all others.

I suspect someone's build tool or automation scripts can't handle an empty string for the suffix, and so the most expedient solution was to fill the string with the value "Current".

I've been using VS2022 for about 2 days now. So far it's been running great on my newer machines built within the last 2-3 years, but it feels kind of laggy on my older machine that was built in 2012. VS2019 runs smoother on that older machine. I would have expected that with all the performance tweaks and making VS run as 64-bit, that my older machine would actually work better with VS2022. (I never run with CodeLens enabled.)

Running very fast on my recent Dell XPS 17 i7 laptop. Waiting on resharper, etc.

Back
Top Bottom