Visual Studio on mac

theo3401

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hi everybody !
My name is Théo, and I'm doing my first year of electronics.
We are learning how to code in C and C# and I have few questions.
At school we work on Pc, visual Studio Community 2015.
I have no pc at home, only a macbook pro. So I downloaded Visual studio community for mac, and the UI is very different, and I have to say that I'm quiet a bit lost.
First I thought that it wouldnt be possible to do the same think on the mac that on the pc but I begin to have a doubt.
So at school we did that for exemple :

Which result of that :

But on my version of mac, I cannot find the options to create buttons, text boxes, Label etc.
Can anyone help me please?

Also when i create a new solution, which option should I choose? :

It seemed like their wasn't all those options when I was at school..

Sorry for my english, I'm actually speaking french oh, and please be indulgent with the fact that I own a mac :tennis::tennis::tennis: I was doing graphic design before, and I have no founds to buy anything at the moment.

Thank you very much in advance,

Best regards all,

Théo

Hi everybody !
I have no pc at home, only a macbook pro. So I downloaded Visual studio community for mac, and the UI is very different, and I have to say that I'm quiet a bit lost.
First I thought that it wouldnt be possible to do the same think on the mac that on the pc but I begin to have a doubt.

Which result of that :

But on my version of mac, I cannot find the options to create buttons, text boxes, Label etc.

Sorry for my english, I'm actually speaking french oh, and please be indulgent with the fact that I own a mac :tennis::tennis::tennis: I was doing graphic design before, and I have no founds to buy anything at the moment.

Best regards all,

Théo
Granted I haven't used the Mac version of Visual Studio (I don't have a Mac) but from the screenshots it looks like you have "Console" selected, which doesn't have a "Form" for you to put things like Labels & Buttons on. What you want to select is "Forms App" and there will be (should be) a toolbar on the left with the Buttons, Labels, and other controls you can put onto the "Form".

Hi everybody !

Which result of that :

Best regards all,

Théo

I have a better solution. It would be better for you to have a windows on your computer anyway, so listen up.

Go a serach on how to use 'Bootcamp' its an appilcation that allows you to partition your Mac and install windows. Since windows 10 is now free, all you need is a USB bigger than 4.5GB in size to load the OS from.

Do that and you will be miles ahead. You will also have alot of people say "Dude is that a Windows on Mac? Cool!"

Good luck

Back
Top Bottom