VS and different Repos per project

capbiker

Programming Experience
5-10
I am currently having issues surrounding visual studio and repos within Azure DevOps.

What I am trying to do is the following.
Project A should be linked to Repos A in Dev Ops.
Project B should be linked to Repos B in Dev Ops.

At the moment I am only able to link both projects to either Repo A or Repo B. Where I want to link each project to there own individual repos.

I have googled this, but I haven't find any instructions on how to do this individual basics.

I don't use Azure DevOps, but to me it sounds like what you are looking to do is to take advantage of if git submodules. I don't know how well Visual Studio supports this git feature. Although some of the open source Microsoft projects make extensive use of submodules, those projects are also targeted for hardcore developers who are willing to work on the command line rather than always use the Visual Studio GUI.

I am currently having issues surrounding visual studio and repos within Azure DevOps.

What I am trying to do is the following.
Project A should be linked to Repos A in Dev Ops.
Project B should be linked to Repos B in Dev Ops.

At the moment I am only able to link both projects to either Repo A or Repo B. Where I want to link each project to there own individual repos.

I have googled this, but I haven't find any instructions on how to do this individual basics.

This is a long time problem with Visual Studio on the Windows side. Xamarin solved this long ago on the Mac side as in VS for Mac now. From what I hear this is the #1 request of Visual Studio yet it still hasn't happened, not sure why. Best thing, IMHO, is to use an external source control client.

Back
Top Bottom