Question Web Proxy - transparent

kdn

Programming Experience
1-3
Hi all,

What I am trying to achieve is, a standalone exe that can modify an http servers response (to simulate monitoring failures).

Logic is like this:

if URI contains "healthcheck.php"
SetResponseBodyString("Server Dead")

I have have found Titanium-Web-Proxy which should do the trick, I tried the examples on the site but my application does nothing, it runs without error but doesn't seem to be doing anything. I'm very new to C# so no idea really to start.

Would be awesome if anyone had a working example of this I could modify for my needs?

thanks

Why check if the URI contains something, when you could just run each URL in a timed sequence? I'd normally advocate creating your own API, or server technology, but if your skills are limited, keep it simple. As simple as HttpWebResponse Class (System.Net)

Hi there, this program doesn't make the web call. The call is made between a monitoring station and a server. The idea of this program is to simply "trick" the monitoring server by making it appear to be an error. (We just need this for regular testing of the monitoring application so we can easily throw different error codes at it) the server will return a status of healthy I can wan to be able to modify that inline with something different for testing. I know there may be easier solutions but we can make the production server return an error code directly or we get all sorts of issues, so I am wanting to man-in-the-middle modify the html response.

Hmm nop, still need more information. I'm actually reluctant to help you any further until you can ensure us that this application of yours is not going to be used as a network relay interceptor AKA, a MITM hacking tool. I cannot think of any good reason for a program like this, unless you're up to some no-good shenanigans in a network infrastructure environment...

Maybe I'm being over cautious but I don't think so, as I'm very aware of the carnage tools like this can cause a network, and I'd rather not be a participant for the creation of one.

I've flagged this topic for the moderators to determine a course of action. But I think I'll be stepping out of this one.

Back
Top Bottom