Web services selection using genetic algorithm

Atracia

Programming Experience
Beginner
Am using the wsdream dataset to try and select web services using GA (Mateheuristics Optimization)

but I do not know from where to start as it is my first time dealing with web services ever

Can you guide me on how to start or where should I look for resources or similar projects?

I don't understand. Why would you in need to use a web service when the datasets that you linked to already has the data from the web services? Isn't it just a matter of using the data from those datasets to simulate a web service call without having to actually make a web service call?

Please explain your project in more detail. What are you trying to optimize for using a genetic algorithm?

Last edited:
I don't understand. Why would you in need to use a web service when the datasets that you linked to already has the data from the web services? It's it just a matter of using the data from those datasets to simulate a web service call without having to actually make a web service call?

Please explain your project in more detail. What are you trying to optimize for using a genetic algorithm?
It depends on the criteria and the constraints, here is the details of the project: The selection of the web service is an essential step in the support of dynamic compositions, in fact, the presence of a set of services that provide the same functionality (inputs/outputs), with different criteria, we can define it as an optimization problem which requires an exponential execution time which leads us to adopt an optimization strategy in order to select the best ones. In this project, we adopt the advantages of metaheuristics such as genetic algorithms to deal with this problem.

I have to select the services with the same functionality and the compose the best ones depending on the criteria and the constraints that were set

That still doesn't explain what you are trying to optimize. What at are your constraints? What are your criteria? How do you know if a particular web service or combination of web services is doing well or not?

That still doesn't explain what you are trying to optimize. What at are your constraints? What are your criteria? How do you know if a particular web service or combination of web services is doing well or not?
Thank you, your questions enlightened me on what I should base on, currently I do not have the answer to your questions but I was tasked with studying the dataset and their functionality, which I didn't find in the current dataset or other datasets.
I will answer your questions as soon as you can, but if you have other things that confuse and need answers to facilitate my task please let me know.

Back
Top Bottom