Question What are the settings I need to have in order to run debug in Visual Studio for a program set up in the IIS?

complete

Programming Experience
3-5
What are the settings I need to have in order to run debug in Visual Studio for a program set up in the IIS?

I have a solution in Microsoft Visual Studio which successfully builds a web solution. This is project is in use and has had other developers work on it. So I can safely conclude that the problem I am having once I run the program locally does not have to do with the code itself but must be on my system somehow.

When I click to run the program by clicking on the proverbial "Run" button in Visual Studio that is renamed as "ISS Express (Internet Explorer)", the browser displays the error:

"Could not load file or assembly 'Extreme.Numerics.Net40.x64.Serial' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format."

I ran the MSI file "Extreme.Numerics.Professional.v5.1.x64" because it was first assumed that the Extreme Numeric was not installed. But when I ran this installer, the dialog window showed that it has already been installed because it offered "Change", "Repair" or "Remove". This implies that it has already been installed.

I went to the IIS and I clicked on the Web site and the "Basic Settings..." and clicked to test the settings, it passed the authentication and authorization.

Please advise. What should I try next or where should I look to get more clues to fix this?

What are the settings I need to have in order to run debug in Visual Studio for a program set up in the IIS?

Last edited:
"Incorrect format" for a x64 library would for me suggest that web project is run as 32 bit. Open project properties and look in Web tab, there I see a Bitness setting for IIS Express that is set to Default, but you can set it to x64. The 'Default' option points to Tools, Options, Projects and Solutions, Web Projects where there is a default 64 bit setting for IIS Express. Have a look and try this out.

Back
Top Bottom