Question Why i can't download the official documentation of framework 4.7.2

How old is the video?

There's really little point downloading the documentation unless you need to be able to use it while not connected to the internet. Microsoft used to provide the documentation with each version of VS but they stopped doing that because the release schedules got out of sync and things just changed to much. If you're using a type or member in code then you can simply click it and press F1 and VS will take you directly to the documentation for that type or member. You should also bookmark/favourite the documentation home page in your browser so you can search. That should generally be all you need.

Lots of the learning pages has a "Download PDF" link, here is an example see bottom left corner: Overview - Windows Forms .NET Framework

The API browser / reference pages doesn't have this, they are available offline through Help Viewer in Visual Studio. Offline help documentation - Visual Studio (Windows)

I searched the vs2019 pdf and there is no linkedlist.
And the 4.x version that you mention unfortunately is not the one I need.
I need the information about the 4.8 framework to download in pdf.

But your topic title said you are looking for 4.7.2, but in your post #6 you are now saying that you want 4.8.

No, you can't, they are only available offline through Help Viewer in Visual Studio.

I searched the vs2019 pdf and there is no linkedlist.
And the 4.x version that you mention unfortunately is not the one I need.
I need the information about the 4.8 framework to download in pdf.

It's markdown, not PDF, but feel free to clone it and use a local markdown viewer:

No, you can't, they are only available offline through Help Viewer in Visual Studio.
downloaded the help viewer, but only appear frameworks as seen in the screenshot, why ?
1678235728301.png

That screenshot seems to suggest that you are using VS 2015. Is that the case? If so, that may be why you're limited to those versions. That said, I expect that only MSDN documentation is supported and anything from the new Microsoft Learn site cannot be displayed in Help Viewer.

I know for VS 2022 the .Net API reference include .Net Framework 4.8.1 also. The screenshot appears to be for VS 2015, how Help Viewer and the topics works for that I don't know, you just have to include it and have a look.

That screenshot seems to suggest that you are using VS 2015. Is that the case? If so, that may be why you're limited to those versions. That said, I expect that only MSDN documentation is supported and anything from the new Microsoft Learn site cannot be displayed in Help Viewer.

No, i use 2019

I know for VS 2022 the .Net API reference include .Net Framework 4.8.1 also. The screenshot appears to be for VS 2015, how Help Viewer and the topics works for that I don't know, you just have to include it and have a look.

I will have to copy and paste everything by hand unfortunately into a word document.

Back
Top Bottom