Question Wpf, mvvm, & asp.net?

jtreimer

Programming Experience
Beginner
Okay, I am a beginner so I am going to apologize ahead of time if I don't use the correct terms. I've been looking around for answers on google and seeking help for a while now, but I am having a hard time comprehending this considering I am more of a visual learner. Alright, well here is my situation.

I have designed a UI using XAML in WPF and would like to use those screens I have made for the rest of my project. This application will be for the Desktop, and not a website, etc. I have a SQL server setup on Microsoft Azure atm, and would like to use that with this application. On starting up the application there will be a login screen for users to be able to access their dashboard based on their permissions. What I am confused about is that someone pointed me in the direction to go and learn ASP.NET, and all of its Authentication processes, etc. However, I've noticed that it seems like it is mostly web based?

So how I plan on making this application work (eventually), is that a Administrator will create you an account, and it adds you to the database to be able to use the software online or offline. Basically, I want the application to have authentication with encryption, and each user can only see certain material on the screen. If someone can at least point me in the right direction or help bridge the confusion gap I have that would be awesome and highly appreciated! I hope I provided enough details for my problem, if I need more please tell me. I would be more than happy to try and explain it in a different way.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom