Question You do not have the permission to use the bulk load statement.

Please provide a FULL and CLEAR explanation of the problem. Don't expect us to fill in the blanks for ourselves. Anything that requires us to assume or guess provides the opportunity for us to assume or guess the wrong thing.

+1.

Yes! For example, just given what our OP has provided and with me just guessing and making assumptions, I would guess that the user is just copying and pasting something from the internet without understanding what they are really doing. I would further guess and assume that they don't have the right permissions on the database that they are using.

In my stored procedure, there is a bulk insert. During bulk insert i am getting error like you do not have permission to use bulk load statement. Currently server roles are public and sysadmin. Please suggest me to fix this issue

I see. And is this stored procedure written in SQL, or in C#? If in SQL, how is this a C# problem?

This error is throwing in my C# code, where i am calling my stored procedure from my C#

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): You do not have permission to use the bulk load statement.

I see, it's the messenger's fault. Kill the messenger.

Anyway, what does your connection string look like? Are you absolutely sure that you are logging into the server with the identity you think you are logging in with. We just recently had a thread here where they were absolutely sure that they were logging in with a particular identity using SQL Authentication that had the correct rights for the database, but after digging deeper, they found that their connection string also passed in the flags indicating that Windows Authentication be used.

Back
Top Bottom