Mudblazor datagrid with Mudbutton onclick with parameter

DjGrego

Programming Experience
Beginner
If I have a button in a Mudblazor datagrid with a Mudbutton in a column. I can run a method on that button such as onclick="Test". But how do I pass a parameter into the method showing which row the button was pressed? I would assume it would be something like this:

C#:
<MudDataGrid Items="@employees" Filterable="false" SortMode="@SortMode.None" Groupable="false">
    <Columns>
        <PropertyColumn Property="x => x.Name" />
        <TemplateColumn CellClass="d-flex justify-end">
            <CellTemplate>
                <MudStack Row>
                    <MudButton @onclick="@(x => Test(@x.Name))" Size="@Size.Small" Variant="@Variant.Filled" Color="@Color.Primary">Hire</MudButton>
                </MudStack>
            </CellTemplate>
        </TemplateColumn>
    </Columns>
</MudDataGrid>

@code {
         private void Test(string stuff)
        {
            Console.WriteLine(stuff);            //SoundIds.Add(await Howl.Play(file));
        }
}

The onclick is not working. Can someone point me in the right direction, please?

Thanks,
Greg

What happens when you use the traditional Blazor way of doing parameters?
C#:
@onclick="() => Test(x.Name)"

Indeed, as SD indicates, the delegate you provide to OnClick has to adapt between what the button wants (either an invokable member with no arguments or an invokable member that takes a MouseEventArgs argument) and what you want to run (an invokable member Test with one string argument)

OnClick="_ => Test(x.Name)" is an alternative form

MudBlazor @onclick:
@onclick="() => Test(context.Item.Name)"
ended up working for me (though I don't understand why. :unsure:

In both of your suggestions, VS didn't know what x was. ( I would think it should )

On a related note. I'm sending another part of the object to a audio player, but not working. If I send src="/audio/test.mp3" using audio in the wwwroot folder it will play, but my app will not play audio outside of the wwwroot folder. I can access data from this outside folder ("D:\data\audio\" which is correctly populating the datagrid for me, but the audio player will not access it.

I have googled "Blazor play audio" but they all seem to show how to play audio from the wwwroot folder. Any suggestions?

Blazor audio:
<audio controls autoplay>
    <source src="context.Item.Filepath" type="audio/mpeg" runat=server>
</audio>

In both of your suggestions, VS didn't know what x was. ( I would think it should )

We got it from you; both your xxxColumn tags said x.Name, and I didn't check that you'd renamed your context (you hadn't)

If you don't choose a specific name for a context variable, it's called context, so a MudTable that has Items=myEmployeeList will have (when laying out row data for example) an @context that is a single employee from the list, and then it has properties like normal

Any suggestions?

Worker process hosting the app doesn't have access permissions to the folder..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom