Resolved A data source instance has not been applied for the data source 'SampleSummaryReportDataSet'

LabProARW

Programming Experience
1-3
Where do I need to go to resolve this please? I have already tried editing the rdlc file to no avail. Don't know what I did to get to this point either. My form is for a report to query my ACCESS DB back end. I can preview data, but when I load my report form this 'data source instance' error greets me. I have tried to go to the report viewer tasks on the form and selecting that small arrow. The report rdlc file is already selected. There is nothing listed in the instances for data source list!?

Thanks in advance.

Presumably, you are following development best practices and are using source control. Why can't you just go back to a previous working version?

Let me try this again. When I select the arrow on Report Viewer object planted on FrmSampleCountReport, then in ReportViewer Tasks I choose my report SampleCountReport. This is the same SampleCountReport that exists as an rdlc file inside my project. Further in ReportViewer Tasks I select Choose Data Sources -- and it is blank with no Instances for data sources. Moving to my Data Sources tab there exists SampleCountReportDataSet which allows me to preview data that works perfectly to return my desired data. Thus I would say I have a data source. What am I missing and how can I add whatever is causing there to not show up a data source for my report viewer?

Thanks for constructive solutions.

Unfortunately, you are asking in a WinForms programming forum something that is not directly programming related. Everything you've described involves playing with the GUI settings provided by the ReportViewer. I'm not seeing a single line of C# code here.

It's why I was asking in my previous post, why not just go to a previous working state by going back to an older version in your source controls system, and then work forward again applying any changes that need to be made. Or is the issue there that you are not using source control, and that you also don't have any backups?

Further in ReportViewer Tasks I select Choose Data Sources -- and it is blank with no Instances for data sources.
This is likely the source of the problem. Whatever your "Data Sources" tab is, it's completely unrelated to the "Data Sources" that is in the ReportViewer. You'll have to somehow add that data source that you have in your "Data Sources" tab into your "Choose Data Sources".

Also, this may or may not be useful. I don't know. I don't use ReportViewer.
Thank you for your time to respond! Your suggestions have solved this vexing problem! I appreciate it very much.

Back
Top Bottom