Can I run Unit Tests in realtime form applications?

Tarik Yildiz

Programming Experience
Beginner
I want to build a testing system for my applicaiton. I am trying to read sensor data from arduino and using form apps for get and process the data. For example, I want to measure my sensor data for 30 minutes and see the values are correct or not. I have heard Unit tests but I am new in those topics. Therefore, My question is "Are Unit Tests can solve my problem or Not?". I also Thought Writing Seperate GUI for testing.

If you need real realtime data to do testing, you are actually doing integration testing, not unit testing. Typically, for unit testing, you will be mocking the realtime data and the classes/interfaces that retrieve the realtime data.

Well, unit testing is also reffered as A/B testing, secondly, yes, you can run unit tests for real-time applications. A/B test or Unit tests are designed to test individual units or components of your code in isolation. These tests guarantee that each piece of your application functions true to form and can be executed without depending on the whole application or outside conditions. Multivariate Testing is also similar to A/B testing or Unit testing however, there are some minor differences in between both of them, and you don't need to get confused about it.
Well, via cautiously planning your tests and applying the standards of unit testing, you can guarantee that your real-time application's individual components function correctly and reliably.
Thanks

In software development, unit testing is not the same as A/B testing.

@Skydiver thanks a lot for guiding me on this.
Well, again, I researched about it and I found that Unit Testing is a type of software testing that involves testing each unit or component of a software product. Whereas A/B Testing involves comparing two or more versions of a feature or design to determine which version will perform better based on user interactions and data.
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom