change executable to dll file

jassie

Programming Experience
1-3
I am told to modify a C# 2010 console application that calls (executes) a C# 2008 console application. The C# 2008 calls a web service to upload and donwload documents. The console application that calls the web service was written by the company that maintains the web service.
Now I am told that excuting the C# 2008 that calls the web service will have a performance problem. I need to change the application to run as an executable that is running in memory.
Thus can you tell me and/or point me to a reference that will tell me how to change the application so that it runs an an executable?

It already is an executable. There's nothing in your post that actually relates to the title of the thread. If you want to modify a project to output a library rather than an application then you change the output type on the Application page of the project properties. You can then reference that library in another application. The rest of what you said doesn't really make a lot of sense.

You seem very confused.

What you have said though to me as well doesn't make a whole lot of sense. If you're talking about performance issues:
I need to change the application to run as an executable that is running in memory.

This won't improve things at all. It would be a waste of memory as well on top of things.

Thus can you tell me and/or point me to a reference that will tell me how to change the application so that it runs an an executable?

It is already an executable as jmcilhinney has said as well.

Back
Top Bottom