Question Code Window coming up blank

Monarch1st

Programming Experience
10+
Hi all. Newb here so this is probably a simple fix. Hopefully.

I've started a new windows form project. I put some stuff on the form, and an 'exit' button.
I double-click on the 'exit' button, and nothing comes up. The form1.cs tab is completely blank. Dark blue in fact.
It compiles fine and the form comes up, so there's got to be something there.
In the solution explorer I double-click the main():void, and still nothing appears.

What's going on, why doesn't it let me enter code?

I can't think of any reason that that should be happening on purpose. Does the same thing happen with other projects and other forms in that project? If not then I'd say that something is corrupt in that form or that project. If it does happen elsewhere then VS might be corrupt and you might need to do a repair.

There's no other form yet. I restarted this project, deleting the old, and version 1 of it worked fine (as far as it had gotten) a few days ago. But it did the same thing today, the code wouldn't come up.
So you think vs needs to be repaired? How do you do that? (it's vs community 2015 if that matters, installed only a couple months ago or so.)

So you think vs needs to be repaired? How do you do that?

Run the installer again and one of the options should be to repair. I'm not sure whether it will keep your options in place or not, so you should go through the Options dialogue again afterwards.

Back
Top Bottom