Connect Aruba Controller via Web-Application

wiese

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hi there, i´m not sure, that this fits into here, but i try anyway.
I need to connect to api´s from an Aruba Wifi controller, Via a Web-application, from where it shoudl be possible to "Create new user", "New SSID", "Event SSID", "Create guest User".
I hope that this is possible.
Sorry if this thread is on the wrong spot.
Wiese

I need more information. How have you gone about implementing this? What's the API link you refer to? Hemm, would this not be better done over shell script?

Since you have chosen ASP, it might be an option to use web requests if the controller is on the same network. As I fail to see an obvious API on their website, which doesn't leave you many options.

As your question is, its to broad to answer. Perhaps provide more details.

I need more information. How have you gone about implementing this? What's the API link you refer to? Hemm, would this not be better done over shell script?

Since you have chosen ASP, it might be an option to use web requests if the controller is on the same network. As I fail to see an obvious API on their website, which doesn't leave you many options.

As your question is, its to broad to answer. Perhaps provide more details.

Hello,
Thank you so much for answering my question. (OK i´m pretty new in this, and have never programmed such a complex thing.
OK let me start at the beginning.
1. I need to connect to the Aruba Controller (Lokal Network) In this case i would just type the Ipaddress from the controller in either a Txtfield and then Press connect. (This should send the address to the default webbrowser).
2. Find a way to connect to the API´s from the Controller. (Like New SSID, User, reset Password etc etc). In C#
3. I need to build this in Web-App, since a friend asked me to do this.

It would mean so much to me, if i can proceed with this project.

I recommend trying to find out if that company has a developer support forum, or if their technical support covers teaching you how to interact with their APIs.

One of the major topics on that link that you quoted actually says "Accessing APIs", so I'm wondering if you are even bothering to try to help yourself, or if you are just hoping for a somebody to give you code that does everything you promised your friend.

Sorry mate, but i´m pretty new in this, and hoped for a little more understanding.

Ok i try to send a String value from a textfield to a Browser.
Could anyone help here then?``
Kind Regards.

Why do you need to send a string from a text field to a browser? The point of a web API is to bypass the browser and send a HTTP request directly.

Perhaps you need to step back a little bit and give us a description of how you plan on architecting this tool of yours. If you have the capability to create a component diagram that would be nice. Even better would be a data flow diagram so that we can see what components are in play and what needs to be passed between the components.

Back
Top Bottom