Create forms with Code

Erick Chavarria

Programming Experience
1-3
Hey guys !

I need help, I have to create the activities to make forms.
I need to create labels, create text boxes, create buttons, But with code, without using Visual studio.

Anyone know, how could I do it?

Thanks !

Hello and welcome to the forums.

What have you researched so far?
What have you tried, attempted or thought of doing?
And more importantly, why without visual studio?

Why not visual studio;
Because visual studio already creates the classes, and you only edit what you want to do within it.
I need to create in another software a tool to drag buttons, text boxes, labels, etc ...

I would greatly appreciate your help, if you have any idea how to do it.

Thank you !

You failed to show what research you done prior to opening this topic? And because your question is very broad, we might be here for a while asking questions, as there is a lot we would need to know from you before instructing you.

Classes, I assume you are talking about designer code, not classes?
What is this other software tool?
And does this other tool come with a compiler? (Because if it doesn't you'll be using cmd a lot.) if windows, eg for compiling : csc Program.cs, mono is different, so it also is on mac. See Command-line build with csc.exe
What is so different about this other software tool's controls that you need to use it?
What is the target OS, Linux, Windows, Mac....?

As a quick aside, nothing compels you to use Visual Studio to create any WinForms, WebForms, ASP.NET MVC, UWP, or WPF. You could, if you wanted to, just get by with a text editor and the command line compilers and linkers.

In fact, one if the original design goals for WPF was for the UI designer to use any tool they wanted to design and edit the XAML for the UI, while the developer could also use any tool they wanted. They could work in parallel and not have to wait for the other. Although MS was pushing MS Expression Blend as the premier tool for creating XAML UI, one could use Notepad like some of the early demos of WPF.

Another side note; this isn't something I'd recommend for someone with only 1-3 years experience. I would advise against writing it manually given your low-level of experience.

I also don't know why another software is your preferred choice over WPF on VS.

Whatever this other application you're using does differently, I assure you that can be customised exactly the same way in VS using WPF, if not better.

Still waiting on answers to the questions I gave you.

Back
Top Bottom