Creating an Integration using c#

Yazeedkarajeh

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hello there,

I have a database which has stock quantities and prices in Microsoft SQL, I want to create an integration to post the stock’s quantities and the prices of the product through SFTP server.

Kind regards

Okay, you've told us what you want to do. What have researched and tried so far? What issues are you running into?

Do you really need something integrated into that MSSQL server to do what you want to do? Why can't a batch job on a timer perform the work?

Well, I don’t know how to configure this one due my lack of experience in C#

Actually, I have an ERM system on a local server, and the database is written on Microsoft SQL, So what i need to do is to have an excel sheet which will be created and posted by scheduling it, so it will be forwarded to an online eCommerce platform to read the stock and the prices.

In the excel sheet, there will be a table, and the table there will be one column for the product code, and accordingly to the code of the product the SFTP will read the stock quantities and the prices.

So as with any programming problem, take the big problem and break it up into smaller problems. Try to solve the smaller problems individually. If needed, break the smaller problem into even smaller ones. Get individual pieces working first, and then work your way back to connecting the pieces together and/or melding them together.

Often drawing a diagram that shows the series of steps to be taken helps clarify things as well as illuminate where go borderlines between the bigger problems exists.

As as aside, if the Excel sheet contains only a single table, do you really need an Excel spreadsheet? A .CSV file will bu much easier to deal with, and Excel can just as easily open a .CSV file.

I've never heard of SFTP being able to parse an Excel sheet. Are you sure it will be SFTP which will be reading the stock quantities and prices? Or perhaps you'll be simply using the SFTP protocol to upload the data to particular places.

So, you're saying that you want to read data from a database, save it to a file and then upload that file to an FTP server, right? That's the first step of breaking the problem down into parts, as suggested above. Those are three separate operations that you can research and implement completely independently, which means in any order you want. Once you have all three parts working, then you can combine them into a single application.

One of the main reasons that beginners have trouble solving problems is that they don't even know what problem they're trying to solve. The more specific the question you ask, the better your chance of getting it answered. If your question is basically "how do I create this entire application from scratch" then most people won't be especially interested in helping because you're basically asking us to do everything for you. "Divide and conquer" is problem solving 101 so there's no reason not to apply the same basic principle to programming problems.

Back
Top Bottom