Discontinuing Tapatalk

Neal

Forum Admin
Staff member
Programming Experience
10+
Due to numerous issues with Tapatalk it has been removed from this forum'ware as it is not needed. This web site is fully mobile friendly (responsive) and will provide a far better experience when used directly.

Did you know you can save web sites to your mobile device and launch like any other app? Give it a try:

How to Add Websites to the Home Screen on Any Smartphone or Tablet

I did this on my iPhone by opening Safari and going to https://csharpforums.net then tapping the box with up arrow (share button) and chose Add to Home Screen. I gave it a label of C# by changing it from "App" and then tapped Add.

Also note you can click the theme name on the lower left of the site and select a them of your choice.

Last edited:
It's a welcomed move in my book. I browse on my phone anyway and Laptop, and I use to hate having to scroll to the end of the page to click Continue or choose TapTalk when browsing on the phone.

It won't be missed here.

And In a puff of smoke it was gone. ?

May we expect any cool mods in-place of it?

It will make mobile browsing more enjoyable.

No mods needed, this forum'ware is mobile friendly out of the box

Oh I know that. But adding mods to the site doesn't necessarily affect mobile browsing. Most mods designed for this forum are mobile friendly from what I've researched.

On the plus side, I just like modded sites, as they offer more functionality and features. That's just my preference.

I actually never heard of this forum software until I found your VB sister forum in 2014. Then I looked into it. And it's a forum software with a lot of potential, and its well maintained.

It will make my life more enjoyable. Google had a problem with tapatalk so they knew something was bad about it, their day is done.

Hmm, I can only conclude the JS they were running to force users (like me) to click "continue" or "choose TapaTalk" at the bottom of the page was causing issues with your SEO rankings/site indexing?

I recall when mobile browsing, an overlay use to appear over this site, and I needed to click "continue" at the very bottom of the page in order to read the site without the opacity overlay which hung over the site until you choose an option. Needless to say it was irritating.

Anyway, good riddance to bad rubbish. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom