DxFramework.Data Add Reference

Anwind

Programming Experience
1-3
[ C#.NET ]
I'm trying to add a reference dll ( DxFramework.Data .dll)

PC environment : Windows10 , VS 2008 , .NET framework 2.0 ~ 3.5 ( installed )

DxFramework.Data . dll ====> How do I add a reference in VS 2008 C.#.NET.

Please Help me. bb

delete3.JPG

"DxFramework " = .NET Framework ? Aren't the two the same?
No they are not the same.

DxFramework can either be the managed DirectX 9 library, or it could be a database wrapper library that was once available on SourceForge. Neither one of those are installed automatically with Windows 10, nor with VS2008.

Isn't the "DxFramework" provided by the MS Windows company or Visual Studio company?
It is part of the DirectX 9 SDK provided by Microsoft, assuming that the DxFramework that you are talking about is the managed DirectX library. Microsoft deprecated the use of that library and recommended using XNA instead. A few years ago, Microsoft also deprecated XNA

It is part of the DirectX 9 SDK provided by Microsoft, assuming that the DxFramework that you are talking about is the managed DirectX library. Microsoft deprecated the use of that library and recommended using XNA instead. A few years ago, Microsoft also deprecated XNA

Your Answer ===>It is part of the DirectX 9 SDK provided by Microsoft,

My Question ====>
1) "DirectX 9 SDK " What site do you download this from?
2) Can "DirectX 9 SDK" be used on Visual Studio 2008 C#.NET?

Please Help me ㅠ_ㅠ

I highly doubt that DirectX 9 is still on MSDN. It was one of those doomed versions of DirectX much like the way the even numbered Star Trek movies were always doomed. Anyway you to can try digging through MSDN to see if it can still be downloaded and installed. I know I still have my DX9 SDK CD somewhere in my attic, but I'm not going to go dig for it since it would be pointless because as I said, managed DirectX has been abandoned by Microsoft.

Doing a search of SourceForge, apparently, there are two DxFramework's. One was a database abstraction library, and another was another wrapper around DirectX. Perhaps one of those is the one you are looking to use.

I highly doubt that DirectX 9 is still on MSDN. It was one of those doomed versions of DirectX much like the way the even numbered Star Trek movies were always doomed. Anyway you to can try digging through MSDN to see if it can still be downloaded and installed. I know I still have my DX9 SDK CD somewhere in my attic, but I'm not going to go dig for it since it would be pointless because as I said, managed DirectX has been abandoned by Microsoft.

Doing a search of SourceForge, apparently, there are two DxFramework's. One was a database abstraction library, and another was another wrapper around DirectX. Perhaps one of those is the one you are looking to use.
Your Answer ===> One was a database abstraction library,

My Question ====> I was developing a database using Oracle on VS 2008 in Windows10.
That's right <=== Your Answer.

I absolutely need that library. ㅠ_ㅠ
Where can I download the file from?
Could you please tell me the download site path in detail?

Please Help Me.
I absolutely need your help.
I understood a lot through your teaching, and a lot is being solved.

Last edited:
I was developing a database using Oracle on VS 2008 in Windows10.
The official way to access Oracle databases is to use Oracle's ODP.NET libraries:

The easiest way to get the managed client for ODP.NET is to use NuGet. The easiest way to use NuGet is to get the built-in UI in a modern version of Visual Studio. Your clunker, out-of-date version of VS2008 is going to hold you back more than it is going to help you.

Back
Top Bottom