End user report designer

digiwolf

Programming Experience
5-10
Hey guys,

One of my clients ask me to do a End user report designer, for him to choose the data that he wants, and create e report himself, do you know any componet that exist to do that, he dont want pre made reports

Thanks in advanced

Most people just use a report generator like Crystal Reports, but it does require that the user be savvy enough to be able to use a report generator. Those who are not savvy enough will have to depend of someone else to make pre-canned reports for them.

On the surface the description "choose the data that he wants" sounds simple, but is in fact very nuanced. Does that mean that he chooses which columns of data, but not the rows of data? Does that mean that he chooses to aggregate data to get sums, counts, or averages? Does that mean he can do a pivot view on the data to figure out most an aspect of that data that is not simply displayed via the raw rows and columns?

sorry for the nuance description but yes, he wanna select the columns of the table that he wants, maybe like the sql query builder, and the program make the query on the backend, and then create the report

Hey guys,

One of my clients ask me to do a End user report designer, for him to choose the data that he wants, and create e report himself, do you know any componet that exist to do that, he dont want pre made reports

Thanks in advanced

Hey digiwolf,

You can consider using Telerik Reporting or Stimulsoft Reports. These tools allow end users to design their reports by selecting data and creating custom reports without relying on pre-made templates. They offer intuitive interfaces and flexibility for creating dynamic reports according to user preferences.

Thanks,
Steve

Great suggestions. Looking at the screenshots, they still look like they require savvy users who know what they are doing. It's not something that you just give to your grandma and let her figure out on her own (unless she was a computer scientist or engineer).

Back
Top Bottom