Find all function names in unity

Edwin95

Programming Experience
Beginner
I need help on how to find all function names in unity because there are so many I only know three function names applydamage ontriggerenter ontriggerexit. I already ask in the unity forum I received few useless responses and the unity learn/unity docs wasn't sufficient.

Well there are no functions in C#. What you are calling functions are called methods.

Unfortunately, we will tell you the same thing: use the documentation. And if you want to go past the documentation, you'll need to either go look at the source code, or use a disassembler to get at a human readable version of an assembly that you drag in.

Perhaps if you step back and tell us what your objective is in getting all the method names, we might be able to point you in a more constructive direction.

Well there are no functions in C#. What you are calling functions are called methods.

Unfortunately, we will tell you the same thing: use the documentation. And if you want to go past the documentation, you'll need to either go look at the source code, or use a disassembler to get at a human readable version of an assembly that you drag in.

Perhaps if you step back and tell us what your objective is in getting all the method names, we might be able to point you in a more constructive direction.

I want my protagonist character to pick up a gun aim and shoot opponent with opponent taking damage when shot three times with gunshot noise and character speaking that's what you get.

So you'll need to break down your big problem into smaller problems. For example:

protagonist character to pick up a gun
Sounds like a collision detection problem, so you'll need to look is the physics section of Unity's documentation and read about colliders:

aim ... (at) opponent

Sounds like a trigonometry problem to figure out where the opponent is at as well as factor in motion of the enemy, probably use the Mathf class;

shoot opponent
Sounds like the standard game engine functionality of creating an object (the bullet) and sending it into motion.

But if you really want to see all the possible methods there are to be used, just start at the root of the documentation and go through it all one by one:

I personally think that using the Manual first would help narrow down the searching for methods:

Back
Top Bottom