find chat elements in html?

ZenMusic

Programming Experience
10+
I'm writing a C# application to copy Chat GPT text from the webpage chat to my C# app. Using browser (edge) extension.

The last step (working with Chat GPT 4) the AI directs me to find:

identify the chat elements on the ChatGPT website, follow these steps:

1. Open the ChatGPT website in your browser.
  2. Right-click on the chat conversation area and select "Inspect" (or press F12 to open the Developer Tools and manually find the chat-related elements in the "Elements" tab).
  3. In the "Elements" tab of the Developer Tools, look for the HTML element that contains the chat messages (usually a div element with a specific class or ID).
  4. Similarly, find the HTML element for the input field where you type your messages to ChatGPT (usually an input or textarea element with a specific class or ID).
Once you have identified the chat elements, you can adjust the code .. etc.

Can anyone help? thanks

Sounds like an HTML question rather than a C# question. I don't see where C# code fits in that picture.

Yes, but that is not what ChatGPT had told the OP to do. ChatGPT wants the OP to do screen scraping. :)

yes, I am writing to the GPT-4 API , there was something being missed in the code generation, it suggested something to try when it wasn't 100% successful. But the next day it was able to generate the new methods I needed , so it got smarter overnight. It is an astounding in writing and co-writing applications.

Back
Top Bottom