FirstMVCCoreWebApp Index tabs on a page layout

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hello,
I have the same file as the person who is doing the courses and when I run the code in visual studio 2019 I get my tabs and layout like the first picture and not professionally like the teacher that is showing that he gets his done.Is this some sort of newer version problem or he has some sort of packages installed that I do not comprehend? Thank you very much for any help.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-09-12 163504.png
    Screenshot 2021-09-12 163504.png
    34.5 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot 2021-09-12 163533.png
    Screenshot 2021-09-12 163533.png
    88.1 KB · Views: 12
Looks like you're missing a CSS file, i.e. the stylesheet.
And how do I get that CSS file? Download it or some sort of error code? Because I try to google it and watch videos and they don't show where to change that specific style that visual studio has when you try to run the code with ISPExpress.

Last edited:
I have the same file as the person who is doing the courses
Ask the person running the courses for he other files as well. Nowadays, most people will commit their source code to GitHub, and you can just clone a copy and get all the files.

Do you have any CSS file(s) in your project? I'm guessing that it's just the default one created with a new project. If you don't have it then you must have deleted it, assuming that you created the project yourself. If you do have it then you must have deleted the reference to it in the main layout. You might try creating a brand new project of the same type and see what CSS file(s) are present and where they are referenced, then make sure your current project does the same.

And how do I get that CSS file? Download it or some sort of error code?

Ask the person running the courses for he other files as well. Nowadays, most people will commit their source code to GitHub, and you can just clone a copy and get all the files.
The person who has created the courses can't be reached that's the problem,when I create a file from scratch,the website layout is perfect,but when I open his files,the website style is completely ruined,so I was wondering how is it possible to change it? Because Visual Studio has a default website layout style.

Do you have any CSS file(s) in your project? I'm guessing that it's just the default one created with a new project. If you don't have it then you must have deleted it, assuming that you created the project yourself. If you do have it then you must have deleted the reference to it in the main layout. You might try creating a brand new project of the same type and see what CSS file(s) are present and where they are referenced, then make sure your current project does the same.
Yeah,I understood now,simply better to create a brand new project and then watch what happens,thank you for your time.

Back
Top Bottom