Free C# development package

coolecho

Programming Experience
10+
Hello,

I am trying MS C# 2010 express which has a 30 day trial period. Can I continue to use this package from the command line after it expires? Is there another free MS C# package that has an IDE development environment? If not is there any other freebie C# dev packages out there?

Thanks

Visual C# 2010 Express can be registered for free.

As suggested, C# Express is completely free but must be registered to be used beyond the first 30 days. That said, unless you are required to use an older version for a class or the like, I would suggest using the most current version, which is 2013. With the 2012 versions, the Express editions of VS changed a bit. If you want to do Windows desktop development then you would need VS Express for Windows Desktop, which supports both C# and VB.

Awesome, Thank You.
However I tried 2013 and it says it won't install to my Windows version, or upgrade to explorer 10.
I am running Windows 7 with IE9.

Awesome, Thank You.
However I tried 2013 and it says it won't install to my Windows version, or upgrade to explorer 10.
I am running Windows 7 with IE9.

It sounds like there's an easy solution to that, but if you have to or you'd rather keep using your current IE version and stick with VS 2010 then that's your prerogative.

Back
Top Bottom