Resolved Help with DrawImage(Image image, int x, int y)

tim8w

Programming Experience
10+
I have a Rectangle which is defined as (0,40,475,244) into which I want to draw a 128x128 Image. I am calling DrawImage as follows:

C#:
Point pImage = new Point();
pImage.X = (rPanel.Right - rPanel.Left) / 2 - this.BackgroundImage.Size.Width / 2;
pImage.Y = (rPanel.Bottom - rPanel.Top) / 2 - this.BackgroundImage.Size.Height / 2;
g.DrawImage(this.BackgroundImage, pImage.X, pImage.Y);

The resulting Image ends up drawing in the wrong place.

1613196276693.png

Should have been more like this:

1613196338589.png

I know it must be something obvious, but I can't see what's wrong with the calculation of the Image location...

Solution
I managed to reproduce your problem.

Cracking open the .png file, it looks like it is formatted for 72 dpi, while Windows defaults to 96 dpi. So you'll need to let Windows scale the image into the appropriate area. Something like:
C#:
var ptImage = new Rectangle()
{
    X = rect.Width / 2 - _img.Width / 2 + rect.Left,
    Y = rect.Height / 2 - _img.Height / 2 + rect.Top,
};

g.DrawImage(_img, new Rectangle(ptImage, _img.Size));

In the image below, notice the bigger image drawn by DrawImage(Image, Point), and then painted over by the DrawImage(Image, Rectangle) which is right in the green rectangle where we expected the image to be drawn into.

Screenshot_1.png

Skydiver

Staff member
Programming Experience
10+

Cracking open the .png file, it looks like it is formatted for 72 dpi, while Windows defaults to 96 dpi. So you'll need to let Windows scale the image into the appropriate area. Something like:
C#:
{
};

In the image below, notice the bigger image drawn by DrawImage(Image, Point), and then painted over by the DrawImage(Image, Rectangle) which is right in the green rectangle where we expected the image to be drawn into.

Screenshot_1.png

Last edited:
Solution

tim8w

Programming Experience
10+

C#:
{
};

View attachment 1380
Thanks. That works. I just need to apply that to the other Layouts and I should be good to go. Thanks for the help as always!

Sheepings

Retired Programmer
Staff member
Programming Experience
10+
Please, if you can remember to ask a question, you can remember to mark your question resolved and mark the post as a solution when you've gotten the answer you want from whoever provides it.

Top Bottom