hi, anytime i try to add new item to create a class and my visual studio 2019 stops working

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hi, i am learning c# by myself and recently i realized my visual studio 2019 couldn't create any new project, immediately after having two projects created and also the old project which i kept on constantly using to practice, once i try to open a new item to create a class for object, it sends this message; exception of type 'system.exception' was thrown.
Please, i will appreciate any answers to solve this issue. thanks.

Last edited:
*sigh* That's not the question I was asking. I was just asking you to verify that you have at least version 16.10.3 of VS2019.

By adding more tools and features, your are complicating things because now more things have to be loaded by VS2019, and thereby making the failure matrix bigger. If you stick with the basic C# developer profile for desktop development, you should get the basics running. Once that is working, then you should put in the extras.

*sigh* That's not the question I was asking. I was just asking you to verify that you have at least version 16.10.3 of VS2019.

By adding more tools and features, your are complicating things because now more things have to be loaded by VS2019, and thereby making the failure matrix bigger. If you stick with the basic C# developer profile for desktop development, you should get the basics running. Once that is working, then you should put in the extras.
oh cr!!p, please how do i get the basic C# developer profile for desktop development.

Screenshot_1.png

What
You have to wonder why Microsoft don't provide a clear description of each of those workloads so that anyone who could be bothered to look would see what each one does and not have to ask others. Oh look, they do.

hey it seems to be working, i reall
i have been able to create the projects but now i just wanted to find out which tar
hey skydiver thanks a lot, i can see the options to create a project but i just wanted to ask which target framework ( NET 3.1 0R NET 5.0) would be best or it doesn't really matter

Depends on your needs. If you just need to learn the language, and/or don't need all the latest language features, .NET Framework 4.8 will give you the least amount of surprises and headaches.

If you want to be in the cutting edge, .NET 5 will give you all the language features, but be prepared for some gotchas and bugs.

If you want something newer than .NET Framework 4.8, and more stable than .NET 5.0, then .NET 3.1 is there for you, but be ready to do some things differently or on your own, because some framework things are in 4.8, but not in 3.1, but 3.1 will give you all (or most) of the new language features.

Depends on your needs. If you just need to learn the language, and/or don't need all the latest language features, .NET Framework 4.8 will give you the least amount of surprises and headaches.

If you want to be in the cutting edge, .NET 5 will give you all the language features, but be prepared for some gotchas and bugs.

If you want something newer than .NET Framework 4.8, and more stable than .NET 5.0, then .NET 3.1 is there for you, but be ready to do some things differently or on your own, because some framework things are in 4.8, but not in 3.1, but 3.1 will give you all (or most) of the new language features.
hey thanks a lot, your quick and accurate response is just a big help, your a supe hero skydiver , THANK YOU so much... but i just wanted to know is there like some pdf file you could direct me to which explains all these extra details or is there a skydiver super hotline for whenever the technical villians of visual studio starts to trouble me ?☺️

hey skydiver just finished my beginners course some days back but now i need help on deciding what area to specialize in ; i want to learn how to make mobile apps but don't know which platform is best to use or should i start with learning how to make windows apps cause the truth is, i really wanted to learn unity and go into video games but i don't really have a good system and money is not my closest friend right now. So please could you suggest a direction for a newbie that could help me money wise and also would be less time consuming.

If you really want to get into mobile development and you want to use C# to do so then you should look at Xamarin. Mobile development can be lucrative if you can strike upon the right idea, but there's plenty of competition out there.

Another option for mobile apps is Progressive Web Apps (PWAs), which are basically a web site wrapped up in an app and thereby granted additional privileges. You can thus learn web development, which is a good way to earn a living as a developer, and turn the results into mobile apps with little extra effort. You might also want to consider starting out with WPF to build Windows apps. That will help you learn the basics and get comfortable with XAML before trying to use it with Xamarin.

If you really want to get into mobile development and you want to use C# to do so then you should look at Xamarin. Mobile development can be lucrative if you can strike upon the right idea, but there's plenty of competition out there.

Another option for mobile apps is Progressive Web Apps (PWAs), which are basically a web site wrapped up in an app and thereby granted additional privileges. You can thus learn web development, which is a good way to earn a living as a developer, and turn the results into mobile apps with little extra effort. You might also want to consider starting out with WPF to build Windows apps. That will help you learn the basics and get comfortable with XAML before trying to use it with Xamarin.
THANKS

As a side note, if you don't currently own an iPhone, hitting the iPhone market is going to be tough. There is only so much emulation can do. You'll need to test on real device. In general, iPhones are on the expensive end. From what I've heard, often you would also need a Mac to do iPhone development even if your using Xamarin. Like iPhones, Macs are also on the expensive end. If money is an issue, you may have to focus on Android first, and figure out how to tap into the iPhone market later.

Back
Top Bottom