Resolved Can I Use Visual-Studio-2019 to apply .NET frameworks like 4.0 to 4.8.1

Programming Experience
Beginner
Please help me someone ,just I want to know that Can I use visual-studio-2019 to target all .NET frameworks Like 4.0 to 4.8.1 version wise all new features and new changes will be applied in visual studio 2019 means version wise all new changes of c#.net, asp.net and asp.net-MVC will be applied in visual studio 2019?​

Solution
Yes, you can target all supported versions of .NET Framework in VS 2019 and you can also target .NET Core up to .NET 5. .NET 6 and later will require VS 2022 or later. No, you will not get access to all changes to C# and ASP.NET because many will require .NET 6 or later.
Yes, you can target all supported versions of .NET Framework in VS 2019 and you can also target .NET Core up to .NET 5. .NET 6 and later will require VS 2022 or later. No, you will not get access to all changes to C# and ASP.NET because many will require .NET 6 or later.

Solution

hello, Just I want to make sure that whatever new changes of .NET framework 4.0 to 4.8.1 will be applied by visual-studio-2019 means whatever new changes of c#.net, asp.net and asp.net-MVC from .NET framework 4.0 to 4.8.1 will be applicable through visual-studio-2019 ?

You have marked my post as a solution but it seems that you have asked the same question at a different site, although under a different name. What's the problem? I've already told you that VS 2019 supports all version of .NET Framework and .NET Core up to .NET 5. If you want newer language and technology features then you will need to target .NET Core (.NET 5 and later are based on .NET Core) and .NET 6 and later require VS 2022 or later. .NET Framework will not receive any further updates, other than bug fixes and possible security updates.

You have marked my post as a solution but it seems that you have asked the same question at a different site, although under a different name. What's the problem? I've already told you that VS 2019 supports all version of .NET Framework and .NET Core up to .NET 5. If you want newer language and technology features then you will need to target .NET Core (.NET 5 and later are based on .NET Core) and .NET 6 and later require VS 2022 or later. .NET Framework will not receive any further updates, other than bug fixes and possible security updates.

@jmcilhinney it means I am able to use visual studio-2019 for .NET framework 4.0 to 4.8.1 and all new changes of c#.net ,asp.net, asp.net-MVC from .NET framework 4.0 to 4.8.1 will be applied in visual-studio-2019 . AM I RIGHT?

I suspect that the OP does not have a firm grasp of following concepts:
  • .NET Framework
  • .NET Framework SDK
  • .NET Framework versioning
  • relationship of ASP.NET MVC to .NET Framework
  • what Visual Studio does as an IDE
  • relationship of C# language version to the framework version
and therefore is conflating things in his mind and therefore leading to an unclear set of questions:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom