How can I make my program to say “yay” when I hit 15 subs on youtube?

Emis05

Programming Experience
Beginner
How can I make my program to say “yay” when I hit 15 subs on youtube?

Last edited by a moderator:
Can your program already detect the current number subscriptions are made on youtube? I suspect that is that hardest part -- learning the Youtube/Google authentication and APIs. You could go with some page scraping, but I suspect you will run afoul of YouTube's Terms of Service. Keeping your program running on a schedule, and eventually to play a sound when you hit the threshold is going to be the easy part.

Can your program already detect the current number subscriptions are made on youtube? I suspect that is that hardest part -- learning the Youtube/Google authentication and APIs. You could go with some page scraping, but I suspect you will run afoul of YouTube's Terms of Service. Keeping your program running on a schedule, and eventually to play a sound when you hit the threshold is going to be the easy part.
No, sadly I don't know how to detect my subscriber amount on youtube :(

Do you even know how to do a web request in your code?

Were you posting here under "Components and Controls" hoping there was a ready made component or control for you to just drag and drop into your program? If so, I don't think one exists for such a specialized and specific need.

Okay, let's step back even more. How much C# programming do you know?

Or are you simply asking people to write the code for you? If so, your title should have been "Need complete program to say 'yay' when I get 15 subs on youtube", which would imply that you need somebody to provide you the code, as opposed to your current title which implies that you just need help understanding the techniques needed, but you'll do your own coding.

Were you posting here under "Components and Controls" hoping there was a ready made component or control for you to just drag and drop into your program? If so, I don't think one exists for such a specialized and specific need.

Okay, let's step back even more. How much C# programming do you know?

Or are you simply asking people to write the code for you? If so, your title should have been "Need complete program to say 'yay' when I get 15 subs on youtube", which would imply that you need somebody to provide you the code, as opposed to your current title which implies that you just need help understanding the techniques needed, but you'll do your own coding.
The reason I posted here "Components and Controls" is because I didin't found youtube api or something like that.

About the question how much I know the C# programming language. Actually my knowledge about C# is poor... The best I can do with C# console app is make calculator or mad lib game lol. With windows forms app I can make button that can say "Hello" when its pressed and I can control my arduino.

About the third question: its both I need understand the code and how to do web request in my code and etc...

Back
Top Bottom