How to save email reply on sql

Programming Experience
Beginner
I'm trying to create an email reply on Outlook and save the email details (Sender, To, CC, Subject, Body and Attachment) on Sql Server. Can you please guide me. Thank you!

More Details: After receiving an email the user will reply to an email after replying the user data (Sender, To, CC, Subject, Body and Attachment) will save on sql

Solve the easy part first. Assume that you already have all those strings and write them out to your database.

Once you have that working, now solve the harder part: how to write an outlook add in that will get sent mail notifications.

Once you solve that part, next is relatively easy to get strings from the message.

Then move on to the next part which is to integrate your code for saving to the database and pass in those strings.

I just noticed now that you also need to handle attachments. You can't get the attachments data as strings. You'll need to treat them as data streams. You'll need to figure out whether you want to store that data stream as a BLOB in your database, or if you want to just save the data into a file on the filesystem and then store the path to the file in your database. I recommend skipping attachments and circling back to this later because this can suck up a lot of time if you've never done this type of work before.

I'm curious why you are trying to do this from the Outlook side, though. If you simply talk to your Exchange administrator, they have all this at their fingertips.

Yes, and your Exchange admin has all the tools to be able to do that level of filtering to just export out the messages that matter.

Yup, and the Exchange admin also has that available to them as well.

Back
Top Bottom