I want to know how to code ASP.NET source code so that it can be opened at the Internet edge.

patrick

Programming Experience
1-3
Hello

I want to know how to code ASP.NET source code so that it can be opened at the Internet edge.

Sources coded in ASP.NET are opened with Internet Explorer 11.

How do I convert a source coded in ASP.NET to an ASP.NET source using Internet Edge?

There is nothing ASP.NET specific. This is something HTML specific where you can try to tell the browser what you would prefer, but in the end it is still the user's choice of what they want their default browser to be.

Also, if you are working in a corporate environment, talk to your administrator because they can also tweak what browser is used (IE vs Edge) depending on the URL.

Here's a freebie since we all know by now how you just keep posting the same question over and over without trying to do any research on your own:

Note that only affects IE and Edge. It won't help you much if the user has selected a different default browser.

Here's a freebie since we all know by now how you just keep posting the same question over and over without trying to do any research on your own:

Note that only affects IE and Edge. It won't help you much if the user has selected a different default browser.
I'm repeating the same question because I don't know like an idiot. I don't want to repeat the same question again. However, it is because I do not understand.

Please understand me.

C#:
<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="Default.aspx.cs" Inherits="WebApp.Default" %>

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" >
<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=EDGE"/>
<meta charset="UTF-8">
<head runat="server">

It was programmed with the attached source in HTML of ASP.NET.

It doesn't work in the EDGE browser. Is it an HTML attached source issue in ASP.NET?

No, it is not an issue with ASP.NET. It is an issue with the browser.

Also note the first sentence on the link I provided. Supposedly Microsoft Edge won't support X-UA-Compatibility.

No, it is not an issue with ASP.NET. It is an issue with the browser.

Also note the first sentence on the link I provided. Supposedly Microsoft Edge won't support X-UA-Compatibility.

=============>your answer : Microsoft Edge won't support X-UA-Compatibility.

, how do I solve this problem?

C#:
<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="Default.aspx.cs" Inherits="WebApp.Default" %>
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">

<html xmlns="XHTML namespace" >

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=EDGE"/>

<meta charset="UTF-8">

<head runat="server">

how do I solve this problem?
You educate your users. Tell them that Edge is the preferred browser. You want to be completely controlling about it, in your code you could check the user agent string, and if the user agent string is not the one you were expecting to see if the user is using Edge, then you stop them from progressing. Recall those old web sites that wouldn't let you proceed if you didn't have JavaScript enabled, or if you weren't using Netscape? You could do the same thing.

I really suggest against doing this, though. The day has long gone by when people were limited in what browser they wanted to use. Nowadays, it is expected that people will choose what browser they want to use, not the browser that they were forced to use. Recall that big lawsuit against Microsoft. On the surface, the suit was supposed to be that Microsoft was taking was taking away choice. All the government lawyers hailed it as a victory for choice. Assuming that was really the reason for the suit, then why are you trying to take away choice again. (Of course, we all know that it wasn't really about choice, but that's the white lies we all live with.)

Back
Top Bottom