Question import text from image?

Manie Verster

Programming Experience
10+
recipe.jpg

Hi everybody,

I am sorry for not being able to give you a sample code of what I have done but I have nothing to show for what I have done so far. You will see in the image above I have selected some text. What I want to do is programmatically open an image, select some text in the image, read the text, and do something like import it somewhere. The important part is to open the image, select some text, and read it into a field or variable.

I have Googled but the select text and read are missing. If anyone has ever done something like this before can you please point me in a direction?

Well, if the field or variable is a of some kind of image type, then there's lots of code floating around for how to grab a screenshot and get the captured image.

Now if the matter is converting the text within the image into a string of characters, then the magic words you should be Googling for is "OCR". Most OCR involves passing in an image to an OCR library, so you should tackle the first problem of how to capture the image.

Well, if the field or variable is a of some kind of image type, then there's lots of code floating around for how to grab a screenshot and get the captured image.

Now if the matter is converting the text within the image into a string of characters, then the magic words you should be Googling for is "OCR". Most OCR involves passing in an image to an OCR library, so you should tackle the first problem of how to capture the image.

The field or variable is where the text will be stored after I select a portion of the image. I have Googled and OCR is exactly what I found but no option to select a portion of the image.
You have given me an idea though, thank you very much. The part about capturing the portion of the image. I will Google further, thank you very much!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom