In ListView, Multi-Select Rows

patrick

Programming Experience
1-3
Hello.

Questions-1) Does ListView (ASP.NET Webform) have a multi-select function to select multiple Rows? (Example: In Winform, there is Multi-Select SelectedItems.Count)

Please tell me how to do it.

What did you find in the documentation for ListView?

What did you find in the documentation for ListView?

There is no multi select function on the site here.

So far the ListView issue is not resolved.

Please give me a hint.😭

That's correct. There is no multi select built into the WebForms ListView. Most people back in the day would create a "Selected" column that contains a checkbox. The user checks the checkbox to add various items that they want to operate on, and then hit a control that causes a post back. The server on the post back checks the state of the checkboxes to determine which items are "selected".

That's correct. There is no multi select built into the WebForms ListView. Most people back in the day would create a "Selected" column that contains a checkbox. The user checks the checkbox to add various items that they want to operate on, and then hit a control that causes a post back. The server on the post back checks the state of the checkboxes to determine which items are "selected".

First of all, thanks for teaching me how to make a selection with a checkbox in a ListView .🙏

ASP.NET's ListView has fewer features than C#'s ListView.

Last edited by a moderator:
First of all, thanks for teaching me how to make a selection with a checkbox in a ListView .🙏

ASP.NET's ListView has fewer features than C#'s ListView.
There is no such thing as "C#'s ListView". If you had paid attention in your previous thread then you would know that the difference is between the ASP.NET Web Forms ListView and the Windows Forms ListView controls. There's a WPF ListView as well, and all three would have been written in C#, but are able to be used in VB and any other .NET language that supports the appropriate technology.

Even worse, the WinForm's ListView is just a thin C# wrapper around the Win32API ListView control. Most of the logic for the Win32API ListVIew is written in C, rather C++. At the time the Win32API ListView was originally being written, the Windows org was still anti-C++ because of the long build times they had suffered during their previous foray into trying to use C++.

There is no such thing as "C#'s ListView". If you had paid attention in your previous thread then you would know that the difference is between the ASP.NET Web Forms ListView and the Windows Forms ListView controls. There's a WPF ListView as well, and all three would have been written in C#, but are able to be used in VB and any other .NET language that supports the appropriate technology.

I don't use wpf. I only use asp.net.

I don't use wpf.
Who ever said you did? The point, which you seem completely unable to grasp, is that there are multiple ListView controls and none of them are "C#'s ListView". They can all be used in C# code as well as code written in other languages. It's not about language but about technology. Web Forms, Windows Forms and WPF are all separate technologies.

Back
Top Bottom