Launching in fixed size pop-up window

MattNorman

Programming Experience
1-3
I am just beginning my journey to web app development. I have a very basic windows app that I would like to create as a web app.

The first thing I am struggling to figure out and cannot find much information on is how I would go about launching the starting view in a pop-up window that has a fixed width.

The app is very basic and does not need a full screen browser tab. Users would need to be able to have the app focused and still see other windows that they have on screen.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for this?

A web app is supposed to run in a web browser. You are working against the nature of the platform you are working with. You could use some JavaScript to try to launch a new browser window, but not all browsers may support that. Also consider what happens when someone tries to use their tablet or phone which doesn't have the same screen real estate as a PC or laptop.

A web app is supposed to run in a web browser. You are working against the nature of the platform you are working with. You could use some JavaScript to try to launch a new browser window, but not all browsers may support that. Also consider what happens when someone tries to use their tablet or phone which doesn't have the same screen real estate as a PC or laptop.
Completely understand however I know that this app will only by used on desktops.

The app is most definitely more suited toa window desktop app however it is a lot easier to update a web app on one or two servers than it is to update hundreds of client installs.

Back
Top Bottom