Question Looking for a password manager

sorincalex

Programming Experience
10+
Dear all,

Do you know an open-source C# library that implements password management, i.e. storing the passwords (encrypted) in some repository, implementing algorithms such as enforcing a certain length and special characters, etc. ? Nothing fancy, just a simple thing that does the job.

Thank you,
Greetings,
Sorin

@Skydiver looks like that is an open-source C++ application (pwsafe/pwsafe), not open-source C# library.
I don't think one will find many libraries though, password management is typically implemented as applications or maybe browser addins. You could look through search list to see if you find something of interest: c# password manager - Bing

There is the original Password Safe that started them all.

I just looked and I don't see anything jumping out at me after searching nuget etc. There may be some in other languages like Python, but you would need to port them to C# yourself, -in which case, you might be quicker to just write your own.

@Skydiver looks like that is an open-source C++ application (pwsafe/pwsafe), not open-source C# library.
I don't think one will find many libraries though, password management is typically implemented as applications or maybe browser addins. You could look through search list to see if you find something of interest: c# password manager - Bing
Thanks. I've done the search too, but there are way too many potentially good results. Hence my question.

Back
Top Bottom