Question Make A Windows Printer (Virtual Printer) Bluetooth Discoverable

SiamIT

Programming Experience
5-10
Greetings..

For a project, i need to make a virtual printer on windows to be discoverable by Bluetooth so that mobile device can connect to printer and print anything from their mobile.

virtual printer, will save the print as a PDF file, and my application will do the post processing.

Windows computer will have Bluetooth adapter attached to it.

any thought/suggestion?
I already know any workaround that is make the printer shareable to all networks device, but that is not i need as the use mobile needs to be connect to same network for that :(

so, any idea how i can make my virtual printer available to Bluetooth devices like mobile phone?

thanks in advance
best regards

I have no idea, but I would start here to see if Windows will even let you turn on the Bluetooth radio and have it advertise as some kind of printing or storage device:

And if that is doable, figure out how to actually receive the thing to be printed and convert to PDF.
And once that is done, the last step would be to just send the PDF to the actual printer.
Once you have the end-to-end working, then go back to insert the post-processing step that you have planned.

Greetings..

For a project, i need to make a virtual printer on windows to be discoverable by Bluetooth so that mobile device can connect to printer and print anything from their mobile.

virtual printer, will save the print as a PDF file, and my application will do the post processing.

Windows computer will have Bluetooth adapter attached to it.

any thought/suggestion?
I already know any workaround that is make the printer shareable to all networks device, but that is not i need as the use mobile needs to be connect to same network for that :(

so, any idea how i can make my virtual printer available to Bluetooth devices like mobile phone?

thanks in advance
best regards

Hi SiamIT, did you ever get a solution to that Getting your PC this thing It was Bluetooth printer, I have stumble into a simpler problem, I've a older Phone, and was looking for a way backup older SMS, messages, before the phone dies one day, and the option of the menu, of thing print to a Bluetooth Printer, and even if I had one, that not what I wanted to do, printing it all out on paper, the messages are just plane TEXT, (of the TXT, format),

Back
Top Bottom