Question Make ContextMenuStrip Item Invisible

Dflat

Programming Experience
5-10
I've created a ContextMenuStrip like this:
Item_tree.ContextMenuStrip =new ContextMenuStrip();
Item_tree.ContextMenuStrip.Items.Add("new", Images.Images[0], New_Context_Click);
Item_tree.ContextMenuStrip.Items.Add("copy", Images.Images[0], Copy_Context_Click);
Item_tree.ContextMenuStrip.Items.Add("edit", Images.Images[0], Edit_Context_Click);

What I want to do is to make certain items in the list visible only under certain conditions.
Disregarding how this decision is made, I can't figure out how to make the specific item visible or not.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

You don't make it visible or not. If you don't want the item to be displayed then you don't add it in the first place or remove it. You could either build the whole menu contents each time it's displayed or you could insert and remove that item as required.

The ToolstripItem has a Visible property for this purpose. You can look up the item from the Items collection either by index or by name, for latter you need to set the item Name property first.

The ToolstripItem has a Visible property for this purpose. You can look up the item from the Items collection either by index or by name, for latter you need to set the item Name property first.

Hmmm... it's really quite embarrassing that I didn't know that. I guess I must never once have had cause to use it. Still, no excuse.

Back
Top Bottom