MAUI Entry Box not allowing me to type in it.

sfrase

Programming Experience
10+
I am using Visual Studio 2022 Professional and working with sever Android emulators.

I have an app I am building that has a login page created by someone else with Entry boxes (user name and password).
I have a couple other pages in the app with Entry boxes that I gather other data from the user.
On the login page, I cannot type in the entry boxes - its like they are disabled.
But, on the pages I created, I can type all day long.

Additionally, when I run it under Windows, I can type in the 'user name' and 'password' Entry boxes.

I have the proper entries in the android manifest to my knowledge.
This is stumping me, and I'd bet it's something simple and stupid.

Any help would be appreciated.

I am using Visual Studio 2022 Professional and working with sever Android emulators.

I have an app I am building that has a login page created by someone else with Entry boxes (user name and password).
I have a couple other pages in the app with Entry boxes that I gather other data from the user.
On the login page, I cannot type in the entry boxes - its like they are disabled.
But, on the pages I created, I can type all day long.

Additionally, when I run it under Windows, I can type in the 'user name' and 'password' Entry boxes.

I have the proper entries in the android manifest to my knowledge.
This is stumping me, and I'd bet it's something simple and stupid.

Any help would be appreciated.

The issue turned out to be the use of <Frame> around the <Entry> tag.
I switched it to <Border> and now it works.

So does that mean that the login page created by someone else was never tested by that person?

Back
Top Bottom