Need help to display DataTable data on C# form

Johnloh85

Programming Experience
10+
I have 2 instances running, one is the application and another one is running as server. I have a log form to show some records added on the DataTable as log information. Data row added during server runtime is not showing on the client instance form when click to open the form. I'm not familiar with C#, please share some ideas how can I achieve this, thanks.

If you are not familiar with C#, why did you implement this in C#?

Anyway this is a standard data synchronization problem that is independent of the programming language that you use. It is a matter of designing the system, not a matter of using a particular programming language. How did you design the system so that client knows about changes on the server side? How does the server side make data available to the client side?

Without seeing your code for both the client and server side, I am inclined to believe that you are currently only updating the in memory DataTable
and not updating the backing database, file, or what-have-you that feeds the DataTable.

If you are not familiar with C#, why did you implement this in C#?

Anyway this is a standard data synchronization problem that is independent of the programming language that you use. It is a matter of designing the system, not a matter of using a particular programming language. How did you design the system so that client knows about changes on the server side? How does the server side make data available to the client side?

Without seeing your code for both the client and server side, I am inclined to believe that you are currently only updating the in memory DataTable
and not updating the backing database, file, or what-have-you that feeds the DataTable.

The tool was developed in C# and an open source tool. My boss asked me to take this up so I have no choice to learn it. There is no database used.

If there is no database used, then how does the client get the data from the server?

If there is no database used, then how does the client get the data from the server?

The tool is a scheduler tool to move file and integrate with another ERP system. It doesn't get the data from the server. The server program is developed to call some other external APIs to perform scheduling jobs. I need to capture the logs (when the scheduling job fails) to display it on a screen using DataTable.

Okay, so why can't the client do some polling every X seconds to just read the logs?

Back
Top Bottom