.NET app launches but it does not open

Andrew Lewis

Programming Experience
Beginner
Greetings C# Developer community,
I have been struggling with a problem in one of my .NET apps.
I was able to run it nice and smoothly for a long time but out of nowhere today the app stops launching. To be more appropriate, it launches but since it takes too long to open, it eventually crashes with the contextswitchdeadlock exception.
Has anyone had a similar experience?
I am a beginner in .NET development so any help is much appreciated
Best regards,
Andrew Lewis

Hi, first of all thank your for the reply. "Show us all the coude your app does upon open". By this, do you mean the excerpt of code it is included on Form1_Load?
I apologize if my questions may seem indistinct or confusing because like I said in the first post, I am still paving ground on C#.

I'd say everything up to the point you'd deem it to be working normally. The problem is reported as "stops launching" which I've actually interpreted to mean "don't see it on screen after double clicking its icon" so I'm keen to know everything it does between the main entry point and appearing on screen .. but if you mean "shows briefly on screen or in task manager then disappears from screen/task manager because it silently failed" then it might need more or less..

Probably looking at everything it does before the UI appears would be a good start - that's Main(), constructor of Form1 (or main form), Form SHown, Load etc events, possibly any timers or async operations launched as part of startup...

Back
Top Bottom