not dot net?

Ehsanit

Programming Experience
1-3
I notice that the options for your primary environment include .net 1-4, so I'm wondering could this forum handle something other than .net, (the Linux based mono and monodevelop for example, or something that doesn't compile to .net bytecode at all).

Hello,

I'm sorry but this forum is strictly C#. I use Mono for iPhone and Android development, it's C# 4.0 so this forum would still apply based on the "coding" portion. I'm not sure of all uses of Mono but AFAIK it's still .NET.

Thank you for your feedback and welcome to our new community.

Hello,

I'm sorry but this forum is strictly C#. I use Mono for iPhone and Android development, it's C# 4.0 so this forum would still apply based on the "coding" portion. I'm not sure of all uses of Mono but AFAIK it's still .NET.

Thank you for your feedback and welcome to our new community.

I think that sort of clarifies it. I didn't mean to drag things away from C# as a language and most valid C# code will remain the same regardless. I was just wondering about alternative environments. For example if someone came out with some references to GTK+ widgets for a Linux app in their code rather than typical windows controls (while still using C#), would that be covered, or should they just look elsewhere?

By the way I think this sister forum is a really good idea, and I hope it does well.

PPS: It's really hard to see where that quote box ends.

Last edited:
That shouldn't be a problem, just post in some appropriate forum and explain context if necessary, if forum members knows about it they may be able to discuss the matter. Anything about C# development should be covered in these forums. Mono is mostly same as MS .Net is for Windows development, though it has some limitations and some additions.

Back
Top Bottom