obtain data from file name

jassie

Programming Experience
1-3
My goal is to parse out a company name and contact name that is the actual filename of the excel spreadsheet.
I will use this information in a sql server 2008 r2 database to obtain other related information for the company and contact person.
My problem is the file name is manually keyed in my the user who runs the sql server 2008 r2 reports (ssrs) on the standard edition.
Is there away you would suggest that I try to parse out the company and contact name from the file name? There are delimiters between the company and contact names how the delimiters may change.
(Note: I am intending on using this method instead of opening up the excel spreadsheet to
obtain the information I am looking for. I think that there would be alot of C#.net code that is required to open the excel spreadsheet and get the data I am looking for in certain rows and columns. If obtaining the code from an excel spreadsheet is not so bad, can you show me the code on how to accomplish this goal?)
Can you show me in code and/or point me to a reference on how to accomplish my goal?

Back
Top Bottom