Question online courses for Visual Studio and Oracle 19

Murray Sobol

Programming Experience
1-3
I'm searching for an online course showing Oracle 19 usage in Visual Studio 2019.
I would prefer a "free" option.
Thanks

But @Sheepings is actually giving you advice. With him being my "good twin", he is actually trying to give it to you in a more indirect and playful manner as compared to the way I would have done it. Here's what my original reply to your post was going to be yesterday afternoon, but I decided to withhold it then. I am not anymore:

Your request is coming across as very lazy and with very little forethought. It sounds like you are trying to use us as your search monkeys. What are your specific goals with this search? Why such specificity of using Oracle, and those specific versions of Oracle and Visual Studio? Why would you prefer it to be free? What have you already looked at or considered? Why did you discard those choices?

Do read:

he is actually trying to give it to you in a more indirect and playful manner as compared to the way I would have done it. Here's what my original reply to your post was going to be yesterday afternoon, but I decided to withhold it then.
No no, that's quite alright @Skydiver. There is no need to defend my corner. Murray Sobol is quite right. I should just do as I am told and be quite, because they said so.

If you don't have any meaningful advice to offer, please do NOT comment on this thread.
It was as meaningful as your opening topic; was it not? You asked us to do something for you which you are more than capable of doing yourself. My reply was intended to be funny, and mocking.
I'd be mocking myself if I replied seriously. ;)

LOL I love it when they get angry at me. ?

But @Sheepings is actually giving you advice. With him being my "good twin", he is actually trying to give it to you in a more indirect and playful manner as compared to the way I would have done it. Here's what my original reply to your post was going to be yesterday afternoon, but I decided to withhold it then. I am not anymore:

Your request is coming across as very lazy and with very little forethought. It sounds like you are trying to use us as your search monkeys. What are your specific goals with this search? Why such specificity of using Oracle, and those specific versions of Oracle and Visual Studio? Why would you prefer it to be free? What have you already looked at or considered? Why did you discard those choices?

Do read:

re: What are your specific goals with this search? Why such specificity of using Oracle, and those specific versions of Oracle and Visual Studio?
I have been asked to do research on creation of a "Portal" application using Oracle 19 databases. If I can demonstrate this to my client it would (hopefully) result in a much larger project.
I have been looking at courses online but don't know how to evaluate them.

As much as I wouldn't wish Oracle Portals and OWC, on anybody, it sounds like what is actually being asked of you. That entire stack is Oracle all the way from OS, to database, to programming language (Java), to web front end. There is no Microsoft in the picture there considering Larry Ellison's "Bill envy".

To learn how to use this monstrosity, you have to pay big bucks to watch the Oracle training videos. As I was doing that training, I was regretting every decision that I made in life that lead me down the path of having to take that training. (By the book, Oracle will not entertain any issue tickets opened if people opening the ticket had not taken their training.) To make matters worse, the video is taught by this teacher who makes the teacher saying "Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?" sound like Tony Robbins. He just invites the mind to go wander -- and in my case, again further regret agreeing to work on that project temporarily.

Suffice it say, I left that group as soon as I could when they were going to make my temporary assignment a permanent one.

Now, on the other hand, if what they are asking for is truly an Oracle database backend, and they don't care that the web front end is .NET Framework, don't bother looking for something that specific. If you already know how to use .NET Framework with SQL, then you know how to use .NET Framework with any other database. All you will need to do is replace SqlConnection and it's associated classes with the other database's wrapper classes. In the case of Oracle, use Nuget to download the Managed Oracle drivers and away you go.

Back
Top Bottom