Resolved Opening Context Menu Causes Content to Uncheck

glasswizzard

Programming Experience
Beginner
I made a context menu on a window with three items that are checkable in the menu, the top one is checked by default. When I right click on the window the menu opens but the top menu item is clicked, causing it to uncheck.

I have the IsChecked attributes of the menuitems binded to properties in my vm and each menu item simply shows a window or closes it, depending on whether the choice is already checked or not.

This is caused by that tunneling/bubbling bussiness with WPF events isn't it?

Skydiver

Staff member
Programming Experience
10+
If you truly have used databinding, then the tunnelling/bubbling shouldn't matter. You only have to worry about it if you are implementing a control and need to override its event handlers and you are handling events yourself.

Sheepings

Retired Programmer
Staff member
Programming Experience
10+
Being able to eyeball your model, bindings and the rest of your code would be useful to identify a possible problem. Sounds like a logic problem currently

glasswizzard

Programming Experience
Beginner
You know what, it doesn't matter about this problem. All I had to do was make the menu items non checkable and everything works. While I would have liked to go through it just for curiosity's sake I've modified my code too much at this point. My bad for making a pointless thread.

Sheepings

Retired Programmer
Staff member
Programming Experience
10+
No bother at all. However, if you are using a model, you likely reversed your logic problem. Where all you likely had to do was change your checkstate logic for your checkstate in the XAML, than in your model/code-behind C# file. I'm just assuming, but it sounds like, you wrote some contradicting logic regarding the checkstates. Never the less if its working as intended now, then leave it as is.

Top Bottom