Answered Please Need help using Webhook

eyadmn73

Programming Experience
1-3
Dear All,
I registered in Picky Assist | Whatsapp Business API | Chat Bot | Social CRM to get access for Whatsapps API
Then I created a webhook from site webhook.site

But I can't understanding how to receive a whatsapp msg from my C# or VB.Net code using webhook and pickyassist
Or how to create my webhook in my webserve then use it to receive a whatsapp msg

I hope some one can help me with that
maybe they will kick me out from my job if I will not able to doinf that :(

regards ,

I've only done a light scan of their documentation, but looks pretty extensive and detailed. It looks like all you need to do on your end is handle the HTTP requests coming from their site.

Can you share your current webserver code where you handle the incoming HTTP request on your web hook?

I've only done a light scan of their documentation, but looks pretty extensive and detailed. It looks like all you need to do on your end is handle the HTTP requests coming from their site.

Can you share your current webserver code where you handle the incoming HTTP request on your web hook?
I tried to understanding it
But I'm still new in this
Pls Can you help me
Pickyassist :
My Webhook:

Code used to send Whastapp:
var client = new RestClient("https://pickyassist.com/app/api/v2/push");
var request = new RestRequest(Method.POST);
request.AddHeader("content-type", "application/json");
request.AddParameter("application/json", "{\"token\":\"c2a0b6221c5dd55ceb09ae1f74e46521756d\",\"priority \":0,\"application\":\"2\",\"sleep\":0,\"globalmessage\":\"\",\"globalmedia\":\"\",\"data\":[{\"number\":\"1212\",\"message\":\"Test\"}]}", ParameterType.RequestBody);
IRestResponse response = client.Execute(request);

what I need to do?
How can I listen to webhook and get json file with data sent to my whatsapp?
What Changing I need to do ?

Please Help

In my opinion the problem is that you registered a webhook on 'Webhook.site' as your web hook. So whenever PickyAssist send a request to your register webhook, it is sending it to that site. So now you have to turnaround and go inspect that site to see what the response was. What is supposed to happen is that you set up your own web server and you register a URL on your website as the webhook. So whenever PickyAssist sends something to the registered webhook, it will send it to your website. This is why I was asking you to post your web server code for handling requests to your URL.

See the diagram on their page here: How Webhook Works

In my opinion the problem is that you registered a webhook on 'Webhook.site' as your web hook. So whenever PickyAssist send a request to your register webhook, it is sending it to that site. So now you have to turnaround and go inspect that site to see what the response was. What is supposed to happen is that you set up your own web server and you register a URL on your website as the webhook. So whenever PickyAssist sends something to the registered webhook, it will send it to your website. This is why I was asking you to post your web server code for handling requests to your URL.

See the diagram on their page here: How Webhook Works
Actually I dont have a webserver code , cause I dont know what I need to do there :(
Pls if possible to send me an example for this code
So I can test it in my local computer before uploading it to website

When I called pickyassist website they said that I need to build my webhook in my webserver
What I understood from you that I need to put the my webhook in there server
then I read a received data from my server

I am saying the same they are saying. You need to build a web server. You tell PicklyAssist through the webhook settings the URL of your web site. When they get a message, then they send you a message on your URL.

So unless your machine at home is exposed naked to the Internet (generally a really bad idea), then building a web server on your home machine to test this is going to be difficult at best.

Considering that you seem to already very weak with the networking concepts related to web protocols (HTTP), you will likely encounter even more issues learning how to safely configure a server at home.

I highly suggest talking to your supervisor and tell them that you are in over your head with this assignment. See if she/he can assign someone who can help mentor you with the various things you need to learn to accomplish this task.

Back
Top Bottom