problem with android emulator

SaeedP

Programming Experience
3-5
Hello,
I'm a newbie, it seems xamarin has a lot of problems with the android emulator. I have installed many components but still, get this error when I run my app:

Starting emulator pixel_2_pie_9_0_-api_28 ...
C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\emulator\emulator.EXE -no-boot-anim -avd pixel_2_pie_9_0
-api_28 -prop monodroid.avdname=pixel_2_pie_9_0-api_28
1>------ Build started: Project: App1.Android, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------
WARNING: unexpected '-prop' value ('monodroid.avdname=pixel_2_pie_9_0
-api_28'), only 'qemu.*' properties are supported
emulator: ERROR: x86 emulation currently requires hardware acceleration!
CPU acceleration status: HAXM is not installed on this machine
More info on configuring VM acceleration on Windows:
Configure hardware acceleration for the Android Emulator
General information on acceleration: Configure hardware acceleration for the Android Emulator.
Emulator pixel_2_pie_9_0
-_api_28 was stopped.
Runtime checks completed
Build has been canceled.

I have also enabled HyperV.
What is the problem? please guide me.
regards,
Saeed
Tagged:

In the table here, which of the four sets of criteria did you match? It seems like you should probably be following the instructions here. Have you done so?

I'm trying to install Haxm but in the middle of installation get a message:
The system requirements are not satisfied!

Do you know why?

HAXM = no Hyper-V. Haxm requires Hyper-V and all related features turned OFF, yet you say you have enabled Hyper-V and try to install Haxm.

HAXM = no Hyper-V. Haxm requires Hyper-V and all related features turned OFF, yet you say you have enabled Hyper-V and try to install Haxm.
I disabled Hyper-v but still have the problem! what are the related features to disable?

But I haven't installed HAXM!
In the middle of the installation I get:
The system requirements are not satisfied!?

What do you mean? what should I do?

I simply followed the link provided in your first post and read the information provided. It seems very much like you're not actually paying attention to what's written in front of you. For instance, I asked two questions in post #2 and you answered neither of them in post #3 and provided information I didn't ask for. It's important that you actually read and absorb the information written in front of you. You're not alone in not doing that. A lot of people skim instructions or the like and then go ahead and do what they think they should and then wonder why it doesn't work. If you follow the first link in post #1 then the first thing that jumps out is a table. You need to work out which Criteria you match and then follow the Hypervisor link to find out what you need to do. You have obviously not done that because you say that you have enabled Hyper-V and tried to install HAXM, which doesn't match any set of instructions provided. I strongly suggest that you go back to that page and read it CAREFULLY, then follow the actual instructions it provides.

Considering our OP's other thread where we provided documentation for why not to use 3rd Party Instagram APIs and how to use the Google APIs, but he still persisted in trying to use the 3rd Party APIs, this maybe an uphill battle in this thread trying to get him to read the documentation for how to setup the Android emulator since he seems to like to do things his own way.

Back
Top Bottom