Question published web app

ched

Programming Experience
Beginner
i have already published my web app to folder in my development computer, now how my browser can access the published web app?

Since a web app presumably has code that needs to run on a web server, you need to deploy that those files to a web server. You cannot just point your web browser to the directory and expect your web app to run. You might be able to get this to work if your web app is purely static pages and client side code, and your web browser still supports reading local files directly -- most modern browsers don't support this anymore by default for security reasons.

Since a web app presumably has code that needs to run on a web server, you need to deploy that those files to a web server. You cannot just point your web browser to the directory and expect your web app to run. You might be able to get this to work if your web app is purely static pages and client side code, and your web browser still supports reading local files directly -- most modern browsers don't support this anymore by default for security reasons.
So i have to publish my web app to IIS, the web server favored in visual studio with c#. Do we have here in this forum the one who knows how to publish web app in IIS? thanks very much sir.

That's a small part of my day-to-day job nowadays -- deploying other peoples web apps into IIS servers. If you published to a folder, basically just robocopy the files. If you have a MSDeploy package, use msdeploy.exe instead. My company doesn't support the latter because developers have been sneaking other stuff that violates various security and configuration policies. I'm deploying other people's apps to comply with SOX (Sarbanes-Oxley) and SOC (Systems and Organizational Controls) separation of duties requirements.

(I have no idea how other companies using modern DevOps approaches where the devs can push code through from Dev to QA to UAT to Stage to Production get around the SOX and SOC requirements. My company's Legal department's interpretation of SOX and SOC was that devs can't push their own code, and so that's how my team and I got dragooned into deploying other people's code.)

Back
Top Bottom